- Various performance enhancements (by precomputing a number of matrix inversions, a substantial speed-up was possible for the estimation of the parameters). Note that image-wise inference requires computation of the likelihood ratio statistic, which remains the slow (relatively); setting NoImg=1 will only provide the summary measures but will offer the fastest possible performance.
- Updated to "LRSD_ACE_FAM.m" have better handling of exceptional badly behaved elements/voxels.
- More normalisation options added, both for usual heritability and aggregate heritability ("Steve's method"). In particular, the default suggested "WK_ParallelOutline.m" how runs aggregate heritability two ways (with and without variance normalisation) and APACEsummary.m has been updated to show these results. Also minor changes to "LRSD_ACE_FAM.m" to suppress occasional warnings of rank deficient warnings.
- APACEsummary.m now gracefully works with all possible configurations of ACEfit_Par.NoImg and ACEfit_Par.Vs.ClustInf (i.e. when image-wise computation and/or cluster-size inference are/are not used).
- Steve's estimate was noisily reported by APACEsummary (due to the point estimate being estimated as the center of the CI instead of directly saved). This is now fixed.
- APACEsummary.m now reads the Voxel-wise FWE P-value from Pvals_MaxLRT_h2.mat instead of recomputing it.
- FDR maps no longer thresholded. The FDR image, ACE_A_LRT_vox_FDRP.nii, was unintentionally thresholded before writing out the image, giving apparently empty (i.e. all-zero) images if no voxels were significant at FDRalpha=0.05. Now the FDR image shows, as intended, all FDR-corrected P-values after a -log10 transformation.
- Documentation update: -log10 P-value images. The documentation (README_APACE_outputs.docx) failed to mention that the images reporting P-values were actually -log10 P-values, with the exception of the two asymptotic P-value image (see next). The documentation has been updated.
- Asymptotic P-values images now -log10 P: Inconsistent with all other P-value images, the ACE_A_LRT_vox_Pasym.nii & ACE_C_LRT_vox_Pasym.nii images were written as P-values, instead of -log10 P-values. Now these images are -log10 P.
- Parallel output name change. Previously, parallel results were written out with spaces in the names, e.g. "ACEfit_Parallel_ 3.mat". This was not intended, and has now been fixed, e.g. "ACEfit_Parallel_0003.mat". It should be backwards compatible (i.e. read the results with spaces); let me know if not.
- Voxel-wise FWE P-value was reported in the PDF figure but not saved; now it is saved in Pvals_MaxLRT_h2.mat.